Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Modern Miracle

It seem like it was just yesterday when I signed up to be a volunteer editor with the Open Directory Project.

It looked to be a fun activity and I figured I would contribute five or ten edits a months. Such is the addictive nature of volunteerism.

I just passed my 20,000th edit, and have added more than 8,000 unique sites to the directory.

This is a highly worthwhile activity, and if one is interested in "giving back" to the Internet, it is a great place to contribute whatever time you have to offer.

And, glutton for punishment that I am, two nights ago I finally signed up to be a volunteer editor with Wikipedia. Of course I only plan to do the occasional edit there. Heh-heh.

1 comment:

Timothy DeVore said...

Just reading through your blog, I was on DMOZ

http://www.resource-zone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39817

and I read your post about Real Estate 101. I happen to have created a real estate website, and I would really value your opinion about getting it included in the DMOZ directory. The url is

http://www.columbusohiorealestatehome.com.

I did list it regionally under localities columbus ohio, and I think I followed your advice from the real estate 101 post. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated. My email is

timothy@thedevoregroup.com.

Thanks again for your time & consideration.