Saturday, September 17, 2005

Thank You Donna

One of my chief grievances against the opposing party is that their incessant call for bipartisanship usually means that the conservatives are expected to cave in on their values and commitment, while the liberals do nothing but posture.

We see it time and time again. And, to add insult to injury, everything is turned political.

Now Donna Brazile has stepped up big time. In an op-ed article in The Washington Post, Ms Brazile writes from the heart:

On Thursday night President Bush spoke to the nation from my city. I am not a Republican. I did not vote for George W. Bush -- in fact, I worked pretty hard against him in 2000 and 2004. But on Thursday night, after watching him speak from the heart, I could not have been prouder of the president and the plan he outlined to empower those who lost everything and to rebuild the Gulf Coast.

She then recapped the President’s speech and concluded:

Bush talked about how we bury our family and friends. We grieve and mourn. We march to a solemn song and then we rejoice and step out and form the second line. That line is now open to every American to join us in rebuilding a great region of this country. New Orleans will rise again. My hometown is down but not out, and with the help of every American, it will be back on its feet, bigger and brighter than ever.

Mr. President, I am ready for duty. I am ready to stir those old pots again. Let's roll up our sleeves and get to work.

Good show! Really good show, you’ve climbed many rung on my ladder of respect.

No comments: